Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Who Is This Alison Person?

I come from a relatively small city in the bay area and am an aspiring artist/designer. By day, I do my best to hack my way through studio classes and critiques, and by night, I’m a dedicated gamer spending inordinate amounts of time hatching Pokémon eggs in hopes of getting a rare colored Pokémon (the chances of which are 1/1365 with no successes thus far) to rub in the face of fellow players. I have a variety of interests from video games to birds, philosophy, music, cartoons, anime, and crime TV shows. Much of my work up to this point has explored some of these interests, with many pieces featuring imagery of feathers, pixels, and silhouettes. Artistically, I am drawn to physical mediums such as oil paint, watercolor, charcoal, yarn and string, though I have always had an interest in adopting the use of digital mediums as well.


I’m still refining who I am as an artist and what my artistic interests and goals are. At the moment, I’m interested in creating a body of work solely focused on video games and the experiences of gamers while playing, both the good and the bad. So expect to see a piece about the frustrations of hatching virtual eggs sometime in the near future.


A Pokémon egg. Both a source of artistic inspiration and deep frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment